COLLECTIONS AND RESEARCH »
Photo Reproduction and Conditions
Copies of photographs (either photographic or electronic) can be
purchased from the Museum.
PHOTOGRAPHIC REPRODUCTION CHARGES:
Taxes in addition.
4 x 5 - $8.00
5 x 7 - $15.00
8 x 10 - $25.00
11 x 14 - $40.00
16 x 20 - $60.00
Laser copies - $3.00
High res. scan - $10.00
negative - $7.00
This charge is incurred if a negative must be made for the photo
reproduction. In this case, the negative fee is charged, but the
negative is retained by the Museum.
Publication fee - $10.00 per image. NOTE: The publication fee is
subject to adjustment, depending on use.
ARCHIVAL DIGITAL PRINTS
4 x 5 - $12.00
5 x 7 - $20.00
8 x 10 - $35.00
11 x 14 - $50.00
16 x 20 - $70.00
CONDITIONS FOR SUPPLY OF PHOTOGRAPHIC
- The Lake of the Woods Museum reserves the right to determine
which photographs may be reproduced.
- Photographs are provided for one-time use only, unless
- The purchaser agrees to reimburse the Lake of the Woods Museum
for reproductions, according to the price scales established by the
- The sale of photographs does not automatically include
permission for their reproduction. Permission for reproductions
must be obtained specifically and will be granted if the proposed
use of the photograph meets with the approval of the Museum.
- Photographs may be ordered for research purposes and then
released for publication by letter after payment of a publication
- Permission to publish or further reproduce material is granted
for a specific purpose or occasion and does not convey or transfer
copyright in the original material to the requester.
- The researcher/purchaser assumes all responsibility under the
terms of the Copyright Act for use made of images secured from the
Lake of the Woods Museum.
- Photographs from the Lake of the Woods Museum must be credited
to the Museum and should credit the original photographer where
- The author/publisher of any publication containing an
illustration from the Lake of the Woods Museum shall provide one
gratis copy to the Museum.
- Researchers are not allowed to copy photographs using their own
cameras or other equipment.
- Photographs shall not be copied or incorporated into the
collections of any archives, library, or other repository without
the written permission of the Lake of the Woods Museum.
- Photographs shall not be retouched or altered in any way which
would affect their historical or artistic integrity.
- Photographs cannot be supplied on approval or returned for
- Advance payment is required for photographic