- We Are What We Eat 2018
- Big Picture Campaign Public Info Presentation
- Many Faces of Mental Illness Opening
- Pre-Owned Art Exhibit and Auction
- Indian Horse the Movie - Screening and Discussion
- Cemetery Walking Tours
- We Are What We Eat - for Kids
- Larry's Last Resort Book Launch
- From Rat Portage to #LakeLife
- OAC Grant Information Session
- The Berlin Enigma Book Launch
- LOW Cemetery Tour
- Colonization Road - The Movie
5th Annual Rat Portage Round-Up
An Historical Scavenger Hunt
Saturday, October 7 | 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
$20 for a 4-person team – Bring your camera!
Please pre-register with the Museum 467-2105
A Family and Friend Fun Event for Thanksgiving Weekend
It’s official. Our Rat Portage Round-Up Scavenger Hunt is now a Thanksgiving tradition! We hope you and yours will join us for a fun-filled afternoon out in the community, testing your skills of observation and your knowledge of the history of Kenora. If you’re up to the challenge, get together a team of four – it could be family members, a group of friends, co-workers, neighbours – name your team and preregister at the Museum. Cost is a mere $20.00 per team ($5.00 per person). Someone on your team must also have a camera because we don’t actually want you to bring the “items” back to the Museum but we want photos of your team with the “item”.
Meet at the Museum before 2:00 pm to receive your list. You’ll be sent off at 2:00 pm to walk or drive around our town to find the items on the list. You’ll only have an hour and a half and then it’s back to the museum by 3:30 pm SHARP. While you enjoy some much deserved refreshments, our staff and volunteers will be looking at your photos to determine who the winners are.