- We Are What We Eat 2018
- Big Picture Campaign Public Info Presentation
- Many Faces of Mental Illness Opening
- Pre-Owned Art Exhibit and Auction
- Indian Horse the Movie - Screening and Discussion
- Cemetery Walking Tours
- We Are What We Eat - for Kids
- Larry's Last Resort Book Launch
- From Rat Portage to #LakeLife
- OAC Grant Information Session
- The Berlin Enigma Book Launch
- LOW Cemetery Tour
- Colonization Road - The Movie
The Berlin Enigma – Memories from Boy to Spy
Local Book Launch
Thursday, October 4 | 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Please join us for the local launch of The Berlin Enigma – Memories from Boy to Sky – a debut memoir by Darlene (D.F.) Harrington.
This is a compelling inside look at the rise of Nazism in the 1930s, from subtle changes in the people’s everyday behaviour to Hitler’s sinister consolidation of power. It is an eyewitness account of an era we all read about, but rarely experience with such a personal touch. Having promised not to release the story until after his passing, D.F. Harrington now shares her father’s remarkable life, which will change the way we understand the Second World War and the impact one person can have on history.
“A remarkable peek into the ascendancy of the Nazi Party in Germany and the march to global conflict.”
– Kirkus Reviews
As a commercial pilot for twenty-three years in Northwestern Ontario, Darlene Harrington’s experiences ranged from being the captain of a King Air to writing newsletters for the local flying club and column for the Kenora Daily Miner & News. Darlene and her spouse, Rob, divide their time between Drayton Valley, Alberta and Kenora, Ontario, Canada.
Copies of The Berlin Enigma will be available for purchase for $24.95.
Admission to this event is complimentary.