- By Request Only
- We Are What We Eat 2018
- Big Picture Campaign Public Info Presentation
- Many Faces of Mental Illness Opening
- Pre-Owned Art Exhibit and Auction
- Indian Horse the Movie - Screening and Discussion
- Cemetery Walking Tours
- Love, Loss & What I Wore
- Bus Trip to Kay-Nah-Chi-Wah-Nung
- We Are What We Eat - for Kids
- Lantern Lit Night Tours
Bus Trip and Tour to Kay-Nah-Chi-Wah-Nung Historical Centre
Saturday, June 23 | 9:00 am - 6:30 pm
Kay-Nah-Chi-Wah-Nung encompasses more than three kilometres of Rainy River shoreline and over 90 hectares of land. It is considered one of the “most significant centres of early habitation and ceremonial burial in Canada” and it has the largest
group of burial mounds and associated village sites in Canada. Kay-Nah-Chi-Wah-Nung and the surrounding area holds the
record of almost 8,000 years.
It’s a day-long bus trip that includes:
• transportation, with a brief stop in Sioux Narrows at the northwestern Ontario Sportfishing Centre;
• a fantastic shore lunch in the restaurant at Kay-Nah-Chi-Wah-Nung;
• a tour through the historical centre;
• a guided tour of the mounds (transport by golf cart).
Cost is $75 for Museum members; $80 for non-members.
Please pre-register with the Museum at firstname.lastname@example.org or 807-467-2105 before June 12.
This is a wonderful day trip – educational, beautiful, and delicious – all wrapped into one great package!